Fleet tracking is important for businesses because it can help manage problems and allow the fleet to run smoothly. Fleet tracking can help resolve number of problems. From finding out the location of the delivery and the whereabouts of the driver, fleet tracking can also lead to other important resolved issues.
Passive and active fleet tracking
Vehicle tracking can be divided into the passive and active fleet tracking. In passive tracking the GPS system collects all the important information and saves it to be retrieved later on. On the other hand with active tracking, the system can collect and send information in real time which has better advantages.
Some companies make use of passive as well as active tracking system. If you are looking for a more budget friendly option then passive tracking system might be the right one for you. However it does not offer you the same set of advantages which an active tracking would have.
The benefits of fleet tracking
These days it has become important for businesses to implement fleet tracking especially those businesses that deal in continuous vehicle usage.
- The right fleet tracking system would allow a business to save on the expenditure. They would be able to have an edge over the financial management. This could be due to proper information on fuel consumption and implementing better fuel management strategies. Such companies are also able to monitor driver behavior. When the drivers feel that they are monitored it can prevent them from over-speeding or the misuse of their time.
- Insurance companies also offer a discount for businesses that make use of fleet tracking systems. This is because such companies are able to provide them better information on their fleet and also improve the safety of their vehicles as well as the staff.
- It can improve the safety of the drivers. In case of a mishap or an accident the managers would be able to immediately send out help. Since the tracking software allows them to see where and when an accident occurred they can be prompt in the action and prevent a major problem by sending timely intervention.
- It also helps improve customer satisfaction. When the fleet are managed properly it becomes easier to carry out all business activities. In case the customer wants to know the whereabouts of their goods, you can provide them with the exact information. This helps develop a feeling of trust and therefore can help retain clients.
- Vehicle tracking system from Fleet Complete can also help facilitate administration for vehicles as well as for the employees. The amount of time saved on and station can be used for a variety of processes which require more attention and in turn lead to a more efficient business.
- It can also help improve the life cycle of the fleet because it is easier to get technical information on the engine and the tires of the vehicle. All this allows the vehicles to be used more efficiently and therefore avoid any mishaps in the long run.